Youth Rebuilding New Orleans was established by high school students in response to Hurricane Katrina. Those dedicated high schoolers’ efforts after the storm led to YRNO becoming an established nonprofit organization in 2007. Since then, YRNO has provided staff and volunteer response for homeowners across the region when disasters hit.
Unfortunately, Louisiana and surrounding gulf states have been hit by natural disasters many times since YRNO’s establishment, so we have grown experienced responding to disasters including:
– 2008 Hurricanes Ike and Gustav: Dulac, Thibodaux, and Lafitte, LA.
– 2012 Hurricane Isaac LaPlace and Buds for Braithwaite
– 2016 flooding in Baton Rouge
– February 2017 tornado in New Orleans East
– August 2017 flooding in Mid-City New Orleans.
YRNO services include debris removal, gutting, some demolition, mold remediation and general cleanup. If you or someone you know is in need of help, give us a call at 504-264-3344 to schedule a site visit and evaluation.